The Skylight Music Theater Announces Hairspray Director and Cast
By Livia Peterson
Yesterday, the Skylight Music Theater announced the director and the cast for the holiday musical, Hairspray. Director Lili Anne Brown, music director Cindy Blanc, and actress Maisie Rose are making their Skylight Music Theater debuts. Actors Amber Smith, Rhonda Rae Busch, and Rick Pendzich previously worked with the Skylight Music Theater and were seen in the 2017-2018 Season finale Urinetown, The Musical. The scenic, costume, lighting, and sound designers are to be announced.
Hairspray will be performed in the Broadway Theatre Center's Cabot Theatre (158 North Broadway in Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward), commencing on November 16, 2018 and concluding on December 23, 2018.
On Monday, July 16, 2018, the one day sale will offer 25% off adult 'A' level tickets. Call the box office at 414-291-7800 from noon to 6pm or visit the official website from 10am to 11:59pm and use the promo code BEAT25.
The Creative Team
- Music by Marc Shaiman
- Lyrics by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman
- Book by Thomas Meehan and Mark O’Donnell
- Based on the New Line Cinema film written and directed by John Waters
- Orchestrations by Harold Wheeler
- Directed by Lili Anne Brown
- Music Direction by Cindy Blanc
- Choreography by Ryan Cappleman
- Scenic Design by To Be Announced
- Costume Design by To Be Announced
- Lighting Design by To Be Announced
- Sound Design by To Be Announced
- Maisie Rose as Tracy Turnblad
- Doug Clemons as Corny Collins
- Tommy Novak as Edna Turnblad
- Ann Delaney as Penny Pingleton
- Samantha Sostarich as Velma Von Tussle
- Amber Smith as Amber Von Tussle
- Colin Schreier as Link Larkin
- Gilbert Domally as Seaweed J. Stubbs
- To Be Announced as Motormouth Maybelle
- David Flores as Wilbur Turnblad
- Rick Pendzich as Male Authority Figure
- Rhonda Rae Busch as Female Authority Figure
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Ray Jivoff and Executive Director Jack R. Lemmon, the Skylight Music Theater's mission is to bring the full spectrum of music theatre works to a wide and diverse audience in celebration of the musical and theatrical arts and their reflection of the human condition.