Milwaukee: The City of Film Festivals
By Livia Peterson
The City of Milwaukee boasts the most incredible arts culture. From the theatrical performances at the Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, the Pabst Theatre, etc to the music scene, Milwaukee offers something for everyone. However, one may not realize how many brilliant film festivals occur in the city throughout the year. With that said, support your local arts scene.
- Milwaukee Film Festival, hosted by the nonprofit organization Milwaukee Film
- Milwaukee Women's Film Festival, hosted by local critic Andrea Thompson
- Milwaukee Twisted Dreams Film Festival, hosted by local critics Stephen Milek and Christopher House
- Milwaukee Short Film Festival, hosted by the Milwaukee Independent Film Society
- Milwaukee LGBT Film Festival, hosted by University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's Peck School of the Arts